During the autumn of 1941 a few Lutheran families felt a desire for worship services in Beaverton. After having received permission from the NorthWest District of the Missouri Synod to start a mission, the first service was held. In 1943, land was purchased at the corner of Menlo and Farmington Road in Beaverton. By 1945 the congregation had outgrown the church and three acres of land were purchased at SW 12th and Hall Blvd., where we are today.
Beginning in the 60's, Pilgrim began what would become their mission with the offering of a Kindergarten class. Next came a new educational wing that was added to the church in 1970. In 1981 the members of the Pilgrim Lutheran Church approved the establishment of a Christian Day School, grades K-4. Grades 5 and 6 were added in 1983. Preschool was added in 1985. In 1991, a new addition was added to the educational wing of the building. This would eventually house grades 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. The last addition made to the building was opened on September 11, 2001. This included a gym, kitchen and lunch room, office space, library and six additional classrooms to accommodate 200+ students.